Computer stuck at BIOS selection screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Ever since I unplugged my computer because of a severe thunderstorm then plugging it back in aftwords, my computer will not load past the Gateway Logo screen (were you can select to enter the system BIOS). My keyboard dosen't respond so I can't enter bios or anything.
I noticed that my harddrive light stays on then goes out. But for some reason the comuter will not access my hardrive to load windows. I know my hardrive works because I hooked it up to my old computer useing it as a second hardrive and it works perfectly. I also know my keyboard works because I am using it now with my old P4 3.0 ghz computer
I tried everything I could think of to try to get my new computer to work but nothing works. I tried reseating everything except the CPU and heat sink.
Before I unplugged my new computer it worked perfectly with no indication that anything was going wrong. Can anyone help?. Thanks!

Maybe try removing the modem if one exists in the system? I believe the two conductors operate at 24volts from your telco so indeed the two conductors are capable of carrying much more voltage possibly shorting the modem.

Next I would disconnect everything except the fans, power supply connectors to the motherboard.

See if it acts differently, does it? Then you have a damaged peripheral.

Thanks for the help. Unfornatly I still have the problem. Removed the modem and even tried unpugging everything except the fans and stuff but it still stops at the Gateway BIOS screen. I talked to a computer store and they said it might be some messed up files start pertain to the boot sequence.
Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back