Computer Turns On but Blank Screen & BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heys, nice to meet everyone.
Well my first problem is that ever since i got my pc (6 yrs ago) it frequently restarted. So i turned off automatically restart & frequently got bsods. The first was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL & the second one was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I searched on google the problems and it said something about my NIC & Sound Driver. So i decided to open up my computer and try to swap my NIC whilst in the process just check out my graphics card and my ram to see if it was faulty, After that i turned on my computer and at first it beeped, then made this screechy sound for a split second and i smelt something weird. After that i turned it off re-inserted the RAM, NIC, GC & when i turn it on i get a blank screen. Both my cd drives keep resetting or blinking and wont open up, All my fans work & the red light and green light under my power button just stays there.

Specs of my computer:
- Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
- NVIDIA Geforce4 MX440SE 64mb
- PC333 512mb RAM x 2 (1024mb)
- 80GB HD + 120GB HD
- GIGABYTE Motherboard (MODEL: GA-8SG800)

--

The BSODs are caused when i play games like; Counter-Strike & Warcraft III. Also while i listen to music using WMP10. It can sometimes just be caused from sitting there.

wah man u are really something u can use a restart pc for 6 year

i also face this problem before and i only use it for about a year i change another motherboard

ok then,the beep beep beep sound is come from ram which is being wrongly insert or mother board cannot connect it

u smelt something???hopefully u din get ur RAM burn

maybe u get ur mother board or RAM a shock try to run a benchtest on ur pc(i guess is ur motherboard)

it also can cause by power supply with a slim chance

Heys, BSOD is "Blue Screen Of Death". Also thanks for your help & like 2 years into the BSODs i did replace my motherboard thinking that was causing the problems but the BSODs kept happening. I'm thinking its the RAM as well but i have no idea, i will try to replace the RAM when i get home.

As far as the BSODs go, if you manage to get your PC actually booting again, i'd try disabling different hardware in your BIOS. First try the NIC and onboard audio, followed by your onboard video (if your motherboard has it). See if you still get your BSODs.

Heys, thanks for the help. I finally found out what was wrong with the computer; that was causing the blank screen. 3 of the Motherboard Capacitors blew up & leaked. When i get that fixed i will check to see about the BSODs.

Thanks.

wow my computer also having the capacitors blew up problem,now my computer most of the time it fail to boot as well....(top of the capacitor is brown color now)

since i din not have good technic to replace them so now jus be force to use it

Hey, turns out it wasn't the capacitor after all. Lol! Ive honestly run out of ideas. Maybe its time to replace the MOBO?

How can you decide your capacitors have blown up, but are then fine? Capacitors should always be perfectly flat on top.

It sounds more like your PSU or RAM are flakey to me. I'd change the PSU first, especially considering the burning smell you smelt.

Heys seanc, I was not saying that it was fine & Yes, i know that the capacitors have to be flat. But when i checked the capacitors the flat tops had buldged out & one of them had some grey hard residue coming out from the top of one of them. So i had them replaced, now that they are replaced we are still faced with the problem. But the technicians at the place that replaced my capacitors had said that most probably capacitors were one of the bigger problem & they were referring to either the MOBO or PSU or CPU? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back