Computer (Windows 7) crashes after 2 - 5 mins

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Dell Inspiron. To explain the background - I have had a long term issue with the battery not charging and the power socket being rubbish so that the lead falls out. Yesterday, the lead fell out 5 seconds or so into booting up. My problem is that since that event, after around 3-5 minutes whenever I turn the computer on, everything freezes, except the mouse. I can't click on anything or do CTRL ALT DEL. When loading Google Chrome the freeze instantly occured, otherwise it takes a couple of minutes to occur. After it occurs, 75% of the time the PC runs chkdsk on reboot.

Initially I could load the computer in safe mode and there would be no issue at all, but after a while, safe mode did not start at all. Instead it freezed on boot up right after loading the avgidseh.sys driver - i have now fixed this as it was a common problem back in 2010 where AVG caused the computer to crash - however for me it was only on safe mode and i fixed by removing AVG.

So now I'm back to the original issue of the computer crashing after a few minutes when not in safe mode. Note to try and fix, I have ran a registry fix, used anti malware bytes, and
attempted a system restore. The system restore always failed in normal / safe mode, crashing at initialisation step. In repair mode, it finished but then said it had failed, and deleted all my restore points! Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix? If you need any more info let me know.

"Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix?"...

Every time the lead falls out, the hard drive and it's data becomes a bit more corrupted. You really need to get this repaired and purchase a new battery

Back