Computer won't power up, motherboard seems to be getting power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
Posting this message to ask for some kind assistance, and possible help. Yesterday, my electricity overloaded, causing the electricity to blow, I flicked the trip switch, and the electricity went back on. When I tried to turn my computer on, there was no response, power light didn't light up, and no sound of anything running like the fans, just completely no response. I thought at first it was a power supply, so I purchased a new power supply and tried that. When I did this, the power light, lit up, but again there was no response from the computer at all. I have tested all the components in another computer and they worked fine, graphics card, and RAM etc.,

I put a wireless adapter into the USB ports, which are connect to the motherboard, and this lit up, which made me think that the motherboard was still getting some sort of power.

Do you think it is still the motherboard? I know it will be difficult to tell for you, because you do not have physical access to the computer, but do you think this could be a possibility?

Do you think it would be worth taking the computer to a computer repair shop, to see if they could give a possible explanation to the problem?

Sorry I am not very computer orientated, that is why I have asked for your help.

If it helps, this is a link to the computer it is,

The computer is a BXB E5300 DUAL CORE 500GB 4GB RAM 9500GT 1GB PC . It can be found on Ebay, or via a Google Search.

Thank you to all who read this, and thank you to anyone who gives their opinion on what the problem could be.

Regards,
Brendan

UPS anyone

Blackburman,
Also consider purchasing a battery backup (UPS). APC makes one for less than a hundred

I think there is some onboard graphics problem or processor problem. As you said that processor fan is rotating that means that motherboard is in working condition. Just check it out if you have a same another processor.

Hi everyone, turned out it was a fried motherboard, computer is now working again after I replaced the motherboard. Thank you for all your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back