Confused on computer lingo

By stang67 ยท 4 replies
May 2, 2006
  1. Ok, I'm not really a computer newbie, but , I am not fluent in the lingo. I have been reading forums, looking around to see if I can find out some info for myself on my current problems. I understand some product names (ie, AMD, ATI, etc) but as far as mobo, psu, some of this stuff, I have no idea what any of that means. If people say check this out, I wouldn't know where to look. Which part of the pc would be considered the "cpu" as I have seen? Anything would be helpful so that I can properly read these posts, thanks.

  2. vnf4ultra

    vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

    MOBO means MOtherBOard, also called logic board, main board, etc
    CPU means Central Processing Unit, another name for a processor(amd, intel)
    PSU means Power Supply Unit, the box that converts ac to dc power in the pc
    GPU means Graphics Processing Unit, another name for a graphic/video card.

    Hope this helps.
  3. stang67

    stang67 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    ah, ok, see I understand that, that's all you had to say, thanks alot.
  4. vnf4ultra

    vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

  5. Tedster

    Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,002   +15

    and you forgot.... NOOB.

    = newbie!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...