Confusing install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if the title was vague but im not sure how to label this at all, and on that note im sorry if its been listed before.... didnt know what to look for as i didnt know how to label it :p

Okies, Im trying to install win xp pro. All is fine and well when formatting partitions and copying files and im prompted to restart my computer.... at which i expect the windows xp loading bar screen to appear and go through the paces before allowing me to go through the install, but the screen simply freezes before its even come out of the fade at the beggining.

Again im sorry if this is vague/repeated but ive never come accross this and im running pretty short on patience :/

Without your full system specs it`s hard to tell what may be causing this.

Things you can try are.

Check the Windows disk for signs of damage.

Maybe run a cd lens cleaner in your cd drive.

Disconnect any external devices usb etc.

Have you got anything inside your pc that may affect the installation? pci cards etc. Disconnect everything except for the ram, hdd, graphics card, and cd drive.

Regards Howard :cool:

There are no signs of damage on the cd.

I am using a DVD drive not a cd drive (thougth id throw that in because ive heard they can me tempremental)

No external devices connected

Nothign installed that isnt needed :/

I have just go this machine back from the shop i brought it from, they told me all thats needed is to install my OS.... so i thought sure ive done it a million and one times.

Whats got me stumped is the fact that the loading screen is their its just faded as if its in the first few frames of its animation

System Specs

Asus K8V VIA K8T800 Chipset

Athlon 3200 64
Radeon 9800 pro atlantis 128 mb
1024 mb ddr
150 gig maxtor SATA (I am using the correct drivers)
Bog standard lite-on 16x DVD drive

Thanks for the fast reply ;)

When you say that you`ve just got the machine back from the shop, what do you mean?

Was it in for repair or something?

Regards Howard :suspiciou

Yes, i think the posts for the error are in here someplace but hey ill go through it again.

I was mid game when it crashed. Rebooted nothing happened. Couldnt find win xp. Tried to re-install wouldnt have any of it. (brief)

Sent it into the shop because i couldnt do anythign with it. This time around it gets past letting my agree to microsofts terms then coyps the files needed. BUt crashes ont he restart when the win exp screen appears....

Mmm obviously something`s amiss.

In that case I suggest you take it back to the shop with your windows cd and tell them that you can`t get Windows to install.

Regards Howard :suspiciou

My thoughts exactly, just a little bit of insomnia creeping out so i thought id try an dfin da solution before morning comes :/ thanks again for your help and your pacey replys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back