Constant Blue Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been contantly getting blue screens and need help to get rid of them.

My laptop is a P-6831 FX with nvidia 8800 GTS graphics card with 250 gb hard drive and core 2 duo T5450 on Windows Vista Premium. Bought it from Ebay and has been throwing blue screens since I've received it. I've reformatted and used memtest. Memtest showed no errors in 9 passes. Still receiving the error messages.

Here are some dump files that I've recently received.

Uploading dump files as soon as I winzip them.

hey you got wat we call blue screen of death wat you need to do first is try a quick fix boot to the OS cd then when it ask you if you want a new installtion press enter or to repair windows press R you need to press R then select your OS normal 1 then your admin password when the dos screen is sitting an "C:\windows\" type chkdsk /r and hit enter this will perform a repair on windows and hopefully fix your blue screen.. email me at gdparkinson@gmail.com

One minidump is an 0x8E error and these are almost always caused by hardware capatibility issues.

Three of your minidumps are 0x50 errors. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

One particular dump simply cited hardware.

Your final minidump was 0x124 and according to Microsoft this bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred.

So since you ran MemTest try a full harddrive diagnostics. Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the free utility that will enable you to run this.

Go into the BIOS and make sure the motherboard and processor havent been overclocked. That will give hardware errors especially with memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back