Continuos boot cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortman78

Hi there,

I have just recently installed a new motherboard on a machine, since doing this i can't get into windows. the screen saying windows was not shut down appears, when i select any of the options the machine just reboots. Can't get into safe mode either. I have tried the recovery console but i have not been provided with the admin password so i can't log into it.

The machine is running windows xp home edition.

Thanks in advance

Matt

The Admin Password is blank, just <RETURN> to get tot he next step.
SAFEMODE Mode startup is where you to to turn off the automatic reboots. So you have a serious problem.
RE-examine your install after a day away from the machine

That looked to be working but then it started to boot continously again but in the middle of the re-install stage. Now when rebooting it goes back to the setup but says insuffiecient system resources available.

Go to the Windows XP CD Recovery console
ie
Boot from CD
Select R
Log on to Administrator
You'll see a Dos like (black screen)

On the command line, enter:

chkdsk c:/r

Allow Check Disk to Repair any issues

Type Exit to restart, then contine the WINDOWS Repair

that's the first thing i tried but I can't get into the recovery console because i dont know the admin password, Apparently it was never set (the machine is my cousins), and when i try the password as blank it says incorrect password. I've ended up doing a clean install on another disk and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for all your help.

lol :)

You know I've been away for a few hours just then.
But I should really tell you that the Administrator (or any user) password can easily be removed (or could have been!)

There's a completely legal (ok) free program, that you can freely download, that creates a bootable CD, and reads your Windows password.
Simply and Easily.

Just search Google: LiveCD Windows Password cracker (Hint it starts with O)

Anyway, better to be clean install (but sad too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back