Core #0 60°C hotter than the other 3 cores

Hey all.

Made an account here as it looks like you guys are the best about. I've searched google already for a solution but everyone else only seems to have a variance of about 10°C or so and I have 50-70°C of temperature difference.

Does anyone have an idea as to why?

I built this PC 4 years ago, but recently moved it to a new case and have gamed on it multiple times since then and no issues. However, yesterday I was on Youtube and the system crashed. It repeated that offence a few times, all triggered by watching a video.

I've since done a Prime95 blended test for 15 mins and the temp results are in the screenshot attached, but no errors or warnings were presented after I passed that Prime95 test. I initially though this might've been the GPU overheating but that's only new and it's fine anyway, idling at 39°C or so.

I currently have a Corsair C50 cooler and I did dissemble it and reassembled it but to no avail. I'd really appreciate any help.

Just as I'm about to post this, with only 6 tabs open on Chrome and nothing else, Core 0 is at 124°C and the other 3 are around 52-55°C

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 7
Can you open up task manager and screenshot what the performance tab states after about a minute?

That will show us the CPU usage on a per-core basis and could help identify the cause.

Secondly, the corsair C50 cooler doesn't really ring a bell. Are you sure it isn't the H50?

Appreciate the help.

Yeah, I'd meant the H50. I've just booted up and the core was only 5 degrees hotter than the rest until I opened Chrome and then it leaped to 110. Task manager doesn't seem to show much.

Yesterday when I was browsing online, the screen went all grey with vertical lines and I couldn't do anything. Like completely grey, I've never seen anything like it to be honest. I just had to manually shut down via the power button.

Here's the screenshot of task manager.Capture2.JPG

Actually, it is quite important because it shows the CPU usage of each core (hencce why it is seperated into 8: 4 physical and 4 logical cores). If you open Chrome, do all the graphs spike up? If so that means the application is fully utilizing all the cores and not just a single core. If the temperature of one core is significantly higher, it usually means the application is running on only a single core.

If the applicatin is fully utilizing more than 1 core but a single core is still heating up, it probably means your TIM appplication needs to done again OR the pressure of the cooler (H50) is uneven. Maybe ask Corsair to replace your cooler (comes with a new TIM application) to see if that is the issue. If that doesn't work, the CPU may be flawed.

The CPU has a TIM in itself that on some CPU comes lose, It can be fixed but u have to take the processor apart, and I an not going to teach anyone how to do that as it can destroy a CPU if not fixed right. 50C is too much and the CPU needs to be replaced.

Well, 5 of the 8 cores show a spike in activity when I open chrome. I've just booted up again now and the PC was in a cool room for a few hours and as soon as I did something (opened chrome) the bad core spiked up to 124 degrees. I wonder if maybe there could be an issue with the temperature gauge on that core? Could a cpu really heat up that quickly to that kind of temperature?

I'll look into a new cooler as a more immediate attempt to answer this.

Well I've changed cooler now and that hasn't helped. The bad core is still hovering at 124 but never rises above that. Looks like I might have to just replace the thing. Pain in the balls.

Appreciate all the help though guys. Cheers. I guess I'll end the thread now.

Well I've changed cooler now and that hasn't helped. The bad core is still hovering at 124 but never rises above that. Looks like I might have to just replace the thing. Pain in the balls.

Appreciate all the help though guys. Cheers. I guess I'll end the thread now.
Hmm, I would replace the CPU for this reason: if the temperature monitor on that core is messed, it will tell the system to throttle down even though 99% of the rest of the syster has not even reached a dangerous point. I wish I could say ignore the issue because a new cooler must be working properly but a bad temperature monitor can cause the same effects as having an actual overheating issue (will still tell the system to shut down or throttle).

Sorry we couldn't help. The easiest solution is to replace the CPU.

Go to U-Tube and search u'r problem, there are answers there for ur problem there.
At least give him a link bro. @JErry138889 ignore it.

Back