1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Corrupted Video

By mohamed salah ยท 7 replies
Mar 4, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I recorded a video with my smartphone, it turned off at the end of the video and the video saved as 59 Mb but 00:00:00 time and can't be opened. So I tried to recover it with several apps for recovery with no result . any one can help me please

2. MaikuTech

MaikuTech TS Evangelist Posts: 1,032   +177

What is the video file format ?
    https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_full.htm
    After installing this and trying to play it in media player classic, or vlc player.
    If the video shows no playback or refuses to open up.
    Trash the file into the recycle bin on your desktop, as it is corrupted from accidental shut down.

3. mohamed salah

mohamed salah TS Rookie Topic Starter

saved as mp4 , if it is corrupted from accidental shut down ; no recovery apps can be useful ? thanks

4. MaikuTech

MaikuTech TS Evangelist Posts: 1,032   +177

Thats right sometimes that will happen, if mobile phones don't have enough time to save it before shutting down.
    The file will get corrupt or just won't play, been down that road many times so no need to be saddened by it.

learninmypc likes this.
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 8,709   +569

Yep, lost videos that way too :(

6. Netfox

Netfox TS Member Posts: 87   +8

Have you tried to record another video and see if it saved and able to open?

7. srikanth123

srikanth123 TS Rookie

Hi Mate,
    Thats not a problem. Had you shooted another video and checked wheather it is saved or not. Even though if you faced the same problem Go with better recovery tools that may help you to recover your data

8. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 8,709   +569

Can you prove what you're saying?

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...