Corsair Obsidian 350DW Review: Fully Featured on a Budget

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/700-corsair-obsidian-350dw/]https://www.techspot.com/review/700-corsair-obsidian-350dw/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Wow, leaving a case out in the rain? Err... interesting. Now I shall read the whole review.

Wow, leaving a case out in the rain? Err... interesting. Now I shall read the whole review.

I am surprised don't you water your PC? Like cliffy said how will it grow? I expect to have a 900D in a few weeks time.

Rain looks sideways. Windy day?
Or is someone just watering it with a garden hose?

Forrest Gump: We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.

Is there a limit to the daily 'likes' I can dispense? Because I may run out if this thread continues. :D

The HDD limitation is probably okay, as one SSD and two platters will fit, which is generally enough for people.

Love the case, loved it because it's small. It's about time that I upgrade my pc, and surely this case will do well.

I have the 550D? I think it was, the case is huge, but I love the thing, all acoustically insulated, very plain design (I hate windows and stuff in a case).

Do you guys plan to do any performance tests for this case? I'd love to see some operating temperatures for this case, and comparisons with the Silverstone Sugo SG10

I built a computer for my aunt in a corsair 350D and it was a real pleasure to work with; very easy to build and keep everything tidy inside.

If you want the best-looking + the quietest case in one - go for Obsidian 550D. I have been using it for 1 month now, and the case is amazing.

If somebody has any concerns about its capacity - I got it with GTX 780 and biggest cooler I've seen - Noctua NH-D14 - all fit without problems.

I don't know what were they thinking or how many people doesn't seem to mind how it look once you have the front optic drive install etc. The case seem to me incomplete.

Wow still running 5870 like me :), but in cross-fire!
I am badly looking for the default 5870 backplate. Please send it to me before discarding it or just ship those to me ;)

If only this was an ATX case! I hate the looks of the 300R-500R, and this would be perfect since it has the features of higher end cases, while still maintaining the 200Rs simple and functional look.

If you want the best-looking + the quietest case in one - go for Obsidian 550D. I have been using it for 1 month now, and the case is amazing.

The point of the 350D is to offer a smaller version of the 550D, hence the mATX. It's not meant to replace the 550D so if you want the 550D you can still buy that. But if you want a smaller mATX case then the 350D is obviously a better option.

If only this was an ATX case! I hate the looks of the 300R-500R, and this would be perfect since it has the features of higher end cases, while still maintaining the 200Rs simple and functional look.

Whats wrong with the 550D that a few members in this thread have already mentioned they own?

Does the 550D have enough airflow to compete with a less "quiet-oriented" case?

What is "enough airflow"? :) In mine I have GTX 780, i7-4770 @ 4.6GHz and the monstrous Noctua NH-D14, all three are happy, incredibly quiet and cool. Must be "enough airflow"? :)

What is "enough airflow"? :) In mine I have GTX 780, i7-4770 @ 4.6GHz and the monstrous Noctua NH-D14, all three are happy, incredibly quiet and cool. Must be "enough airflow"? :)

Oh ok. I didnt think these quiet cases cooled that well.

Does anyone know if the Corsair HX 650W can fit into the Obsidian 350D? Based purely on specs, the height of the PSU is the maximum height allowed for the case. Anyone have any experience trying this?

Never mind, ignore the last comment. Sites keep confusing me by switching the order of their dimensions... WxHxL v. WxLxH

Wow still running 5870 like me :), but in cross-fire!
I am badly looking for the default 5870 backplate. Please send it to me before discarding it or just ship those to me ;)

I still use 5870 x-Fire on one of my rigs. So far they can blow through any of the games to date.

I liked that case a lot considering I like liquid cooling. Finding places to put a large radiator in a mini-ATX case can be daunting. Also, I checked and Newegg lists it as a "Aluminum - Steel Case". They might have saved $2.00 by using some steel instead of all aluminum. woo-hoo! (Dumb)

Back