Corsair One Review

"The only real performance disappointment is the SSD, which is only SATA; there’s no room for an M.2 SSD in this system, which would have been a nice improvement."

Tim

An NVME SSD (SATA SSDs exist as M.2 SSDs as well) would be a disaster for price to performance.

On a worst case scenario an NVME SSD would have triple the performance of a SATA SSD, but that means you have to wait 1 second instead of 3 for your writes/reads. That would save you a couple of hours or more, annually!

I love the NVME technology, but SATA is good for business. NVME, for any task that doesn't involve continuous transferring of terabytes worth of data such as database servers, is a complete waste of money.

Last edited:
"while I gave the GTX 1080 an extra X MHz without struggle"

I guess there should be a number in there.

"The only real performance disappointment is the SSD, which is only SATA"
You mean benchmark disappointment. Half the game load times I've seen continue to look like this and this.

Still it's nice to see manufacturers produce Mini-ITX cases which can finally be called "Small" Form Factor. The large 'short and fat' 10-12" wide cube designs continue to unimpress me being both too short to comfortably reach the USB ports when placed on the floor (and half of them having dumb side-facing port placement like the Prodigy), and end up using more desk space (footprint) than most small Micro-ATX towers. Hopefully we'll see more "narrow and shallow" vertical oriented Mini-ITX short towers. If the purpose is to free up desk space, it still makes far more sense to stand it on the floor completely out of the way.

Hmmmmmmm ...... Have to admit it's impressive, but at that price point I may have to hit the Lotto before I upgrade to that cost!

Just a little IMO, it would have been good to include dimensions somewhere, unless I missed it.

Why bother taking pics to display the system's looks if you're not going to wipe your greasy fingerprints off it first?

You know what, considering how much I paid for all of the parts for my current PC (Which doesn't have any liquid cooling) this is ACTUALLY not hateful of a price. I find this case particularly clever in how they handle the liquid cooling and GPU placement, with extension cables going from the GPU's display connectors to the case.

If I was still on my 2010 build PC I'd have considered buying this. :eek:

Just a little IMO, it would have been good to include dimensions somewhere, unless I missed it.
The closest they got was:
the Corsair One is approximately 13 liters in volume

Dimensions are 200mm x 176mm x 380mm.

"Dimensions are 200mm x 176mm x 380mm."

could I have those in English, please? (j/k if not obvious)

(sorry, forum mode not available for some reason)
Suggestion, Tim, since size is a primary selling point, perhaps a photo including your fav mouse and keyboard would have conveyed the size better?

I currently own the PRO model and did some research. The motherboard included is an MSI Z270I (MS-7A66) which according the MSI manual does have NVME M.2 on the back of the motherboard. It is required to be installed before the motherboard is typically. If this is true, then you would have to void the warranty and take out the components to get to the MOBO.

"The only real performance disappointment is the SSD, which is only SATA"
You mean benchmark disappointment. Half the game load times I've seen continue to look like this and this.

Still it's nice to see manufacturers produce Mini-ITX cases which can finally be called "Small" Form Factor. The large 'short and fat' 10-12" wide cube designs continue to unimpress me being both too short to comfortably reach the USB ports when placed on the floor (and half of them having dumb side-facing port placement like the Prodigy), and end up using more desk space (footprint) than most small Micro-ATX towers. Hopefully we'll see more "narrow and shallow" vertical oriented Mini-ITX short towers. If the purpose is to free up desk space, it still makes far more sense to stand it on the floor completely out of the way.
Did you even watch the video in the links you provided? They aren't a disappointment even by benchmark standards- a few tenths of a second isn't significant even for the geekiest of geeks.

Back