Could doing this kill my mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragicallyhip

"I was in the middle of doing a clean install of xp,when I got to the "accept licence" part of the install when I discovered my laser mouse wasn't working so I grabbed another and plugged it into a usb port on the computer.WHAM! just like that it went dead.It will not power on at all,I disconnected,then reconnected all wires and cables as well as changing plug in and all reset switches on the back.I pulled out the atx power cord and jumped the the green wire to a black one and fans start up etc.so the psu is fine.Will resetting the cmos battery help or have I fried the mobo.

I would try resetting the cmos, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I had my mobo fail recently in a similar fashion, I plugged my iPod in and BAM!! All my peripherals failed, sound card, network, mouse, keyboard. The computer would run fine, OS would boot, but I just had no way of using it. Ended up buying a new mobo after a little bit of swearing, well replace 'a little bit' with 'a lot'. :p
Cheers
Hynesy :wave:

I would try resetting the cmos, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I had my mobo fail recently in a similar fashion, I plugged my iPod in and BAM!! All my peripherals failed, sound card, network, mouse, keyboard. The computer would run fine, OS would boot, but I just had no way of using it. Ended up buying a new mobo after a little bit of swearing, well replace 'a little bit' with 'a lot'. :p
Cheers
Hynesy :wave:

Whewww! re set the cmos and everything is good to go, thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back