CPU and memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPCE_Larry

I'm planning on getting a core 2 duo 6400 which has a fsb speed of 1066. Will there be any issues with getting ddr2 800 memory to work with that?

no, im running ddr2 800 overclocked to 900, u wont have any issues as long as the mobo supports it natively

Any issues? Of course there will be issues, there aren't that many RAM around which can hit 1066mhz :D

If you can get your DDR2 800 to run at that speed stably, go ahead.

@CMH: Yea thats what I was thinking. I hear that running the cpu/memory on a 1:1 ratio is the best and I'm wondering how much of an issue this will be.

read the installing ram guide in the guides forum.

DDR1 and DDR2 are NOT interchangable.

A lot of the newer boards come with monitoring/overclocking software as a utility. Om EVGA NForce 4 board comes with NVIDIA's NView ulitity which allows you to not only test the stability in increments but suggests which settings are the best and safest to run the hardware, It not only oc'd the chip, but the graphics card and RAM, to include automatically calculating the proper bus speeds to change as well. I let the utility run for my AMD AM2 do the work when I built it in December and it's been running fine and stable since with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back