CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon013

Hi,
My computer has recently encountered a problem, whereby when i on the power at my CPU, lights will be lighted up and fans start spinning. But that lasted only about 1 second. After that, everything stops. There are a few times whereby all of them will start working once again, after stopping, but usually they stopped again, with very few times successfully boot up.

I had brought it to the service center and what that guy did is remove my ram and place it back. To my surprise, my CPU boot up. However, a few days later the same problem occur again. And I did what that guy did, but this time round I did clean my RAM metal piece (I don't know what do you call the thing that attach the RAM to the motherboard). It failed a few times, but boot up eventually after several tries (took out the ram, put it back).

I had totally no idea what is going on. This does not solve the problem, as it is going to come back and haunt me once again.

I have no idea what is causing it thus I could not bring it to the service center once again, as he will tell me this if he is able to boot up my computer: "so what do you expect me to do?" It really hurts.

Desperate for help, hope someone know what is exactly going on. Thanks.

If there's a faulty connection, there's a faulty connection... There isn't a whole lot you can do... But try this:

Get a Computer Duster can (A "Can of Air") for $2, remove the RAM, and carefully put the tip of the spray extension (They usually come with a little straw thingy, stick it in the nozzle) near the RAM Slot and blow out any dust or loose dirt/debris/whatever.

Be careful and use short bursts. Too much air friction can actually cause a buildup of static electricity, especially on plastic components (I have fried many a motherboard with this... so really, be careful)

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to find that, but between do you think its the motherboard that is getting faulty? I was beginning to suspect that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back