CPU booting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had this before or heard of? I own a Sont Vaio RS-520 with a 160 GB harddrive. When I turn on my computer it displays the Windows XP logo like normal then it goes into sleep/standby mode for almost 25 minutes. During this whole time, nothing is running. The monitor is black, the light on the power button is not blinking like it should when it's running programs. After 25 minutes, the CPU comes back to life and everything starts to load. What is causing this big booting delay? Is it a hardware or software issue? I wanted to reformat but was afraid the CPU will not work at all. It also takes this long in DOS mode. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Talk to Sony. It should still be under warranty. You don't want to do anything that will void that warranty, so they should be your first stop. We affirm what you already know that there is something not right with that machine.
The usual causes are many: failing hard drive, failed video graphics or driver, failed memory module, infestation of some sort of malware, bad cable, bad cpu cooler, dirt, dust or hair in the cpu fan... and others... But talk to Sony tech support first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back