CPU broken by a sorry widow

I am not a computer person I just own one that got knocked over earlier and fell about 5 inches to the carpet. The computer started flickering and making a buzz sound like a bonfire 🔥. Now I can’t even get my screen up my monitor is not working. This is my husbands computer. He just died!! He would be so pissed! He has put a upgrade to Windows 10 what do you think is happening ?? I feel so bad.

Laptop I gather? Something is likely physically broken (my guess) ...since you are new to computers you are likely going to need a local computer guy/shop to diagnose the problem. At the minimum you will want them to remove the drive in it because that's where all the data is. Hopefully it survived. 5" in not very far of a fall to carpet tho'

I am not a computer person I just own one that got knocked over earlier and fell about 5 inches to the carpet. The computer started flickering and making a buzz sound like a bonfire 🔥. Now I can’t even get my screen up my monitor is not working. This is my husbands computer. He just died!! He would be so pissed! He has put a upgrade to Windows 10 what do you think is happening ?? I feel so bad.
Hi I guess I didn’t give you much to work with did I? You still were helpful and I appreciate that. I wanted to let you know that no it is desk top with new hard drive and windows 10 I just added a wireless printer ( ok it took me 4 hours to do it) new monitor . I was looking through pictures off of CD when it fell over I can’t get it opened to get it out and I seems like it is looping back to the beep and flashing the CDs open button but it doesn’t work how important is that right now ?
I can’t do anything. The internet lights look like it’s not giving out a good signal I am so tired of everything going wrong with my life. I am sorry but I am just so tired.

Ahh a desktop ...well this means you will have to get the philips screwdriver out and remove the side panel (When you look from the front of the PC.....remove the left panel). There is a good chance one of the RAM sticks is loose and they have to be re-seated or at least pushed down on to seat them more tightly. If it has a discrete video card then it might have come loose. That would also cause this problem you have. There are other things that could come undone that could cause this problem like the connection to the hard drive or a power cable. This is where an experienced eye would be handy. You really just need a friend who knows computers, barring that a local shop can solve this for you and it should not cost a ton of money.

Ahh a desktop ...well this means you will have to get the philips screwdriver out and remove the side panel (When you look from the front of the PC.....remove the left panel). There is a good chance one of the RAM sticks is loose and they have to be re-seated or at least pushed down on to seat them more tightly. If it has a discrete video card then it might have come loose. That would also cause this problem you have. There are other things that could come undone that could cause this problem like the connection to the hard drive or a power cable. This is where an experienced eye would be handy. You really just need a friend who knows computers, barring that a local shop can solve this for you and it should not cost a ton of money.
Hi
I looked inside the CPU it was a kit because I remember I had to go pick it up from the guy that my husband had put a new one. I will call him and see if he will take a look for me.
thankyou for helping me.

Btw: we are sorry to hear your husband passed away. Right now death seems to be ever present and touches everyone. Our condolences!

I’m really sorry for your husband’s death. I’m not an expert either but I think the problem could be the monitor. This one should be easy to fix. Message me if you need help

Back