CPU change

stevearno

I changed CPU a while ago , from 6 core to quad amd ..... I broke one of the pins in the old 6 core ... mother board does support new cpu ...

ever since , I have been getting a error with AMD display drivers ,
and I kept getting checkski errors and blue screen of death ....( did also happen prior to CPU change )

I reinstalled windows 7 again from install disc , and things went well ..... I updated AMD drivers as well

the computer is my sisters , and she has brought it back to me .... the old Hard drive , I think was on it's way out ..... so I have replaced it with a brandnew one

now I can't even install windows 7 from install disc ... it will get from 70%-100% and then the screen will go black and nothing will happen .... I have also had checkski blue screen and error of display drivers ... even though it is a brand new hard drive ...with nothing on it

am I right in saying it might be a mother board or graphics card hardware issue ?

if I update the bios will this help ? .... I am not sure what version of the bios to update if this is the case ..please see web page with mother board driver :

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=N68-S3 UCC&o=All

or should I take the graphic card out then try and install windows with integrated graphics of the mother board ?

I am really at a lose any help would be appreciated

the main error seems to be the graphic driver display ...

many thanks in advance

steven

MrBlkfx1

Are you doing a clean and thorough uninstall / re-install of graphic drivers? If done incorrectly it can create all sorts of graphical anomalies.

stevearno

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surely if it is a new hard drive ...... there are no graphics drivers ..

MrBlkfx1

Sorry I was just paying to display drive. However, I did just realize that about the new HDD. Well, it could be the card itself. Try using the integrated graphics when doing the re-install of W7.

stevearno

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes .... took out the graphics card

able to install ..... I have put the graphics card back and installed manufacturer drivers in .....

I think there is something wrong with the card .... I have a replacement ( only 512mb ) ... if it messes up again I will put that one in ...my sister does not do gaming

I thought it had something to do with me changing the cpu ,... I thought I might have to reinstall the bios ( which I know nothing about or have I done before )

you have to ask yourself ... when does it become silly to fix your computer ..... so far my sister has spent £100 on this PC ( cpu , HD ) and might need a new graphics card .....it's just over a year old

I was looking at new PC's , the other day .....and there were computers with twice the spec of mine ( my pc is 2 years + old ) ...mine was the best I could get ( main stream ) when I bought it , for £1000 ...... now they are selling pc's with twice the spec of mine for £320 .... is it really worth changing faulty hardware ?

Jad Chaar

GPUs arent necessary if you arent gaming, what CPU did she purchase? And you update the BIOS, you do not uninstall it.

Jad Chaar

Are you doing a clean and thorough uninstall / re-install of graphic drivers? If done incorrectly it can create all sorts of graphical anomalies.
Interesting, in what way? I did this all the time before the uninstall utility came along.

MrBlkfx1

Interesting, in what way? I did this all the time before the uninstall utility came along.
While, its not necessarily even relevant to the situation anymore. Due to the fact I misread the situation when I was replying to the thread. However, if drivers are not cleanly installed its known to cause problems. You mentioned the uninstall utility but, I never did? So I am not sure what you are asking.

Jad Chaar

While, its not necessarily even relevant to the situation anymore. Due to the fact I misread the situation when I was replying to the thread. However, if drivers are not cleanly installed its known to cause problems. You mentioned the uninstall utility but, I never did? So I am not sure what you are asking.
I was just wondering what was wrong with uninstall and installing the drivers, lol sorry OP, I was just wondering myself. Yeah, I know you mistunderstood the thread, but I Was just wondering what you meant about problems uninstall and reinstalling drivers, since I do it all the time, but now I use the uninstall utility.

MrBlkfx1

If you do not correctly uninstall and re install drivers it could cause problems. You don't understand what I mean by that?

Jad Chaar

If you do not correctly uninstall and re install drivers it could cause problems. You don't understand what I mean by that?
No... but how hard is it to uninstall things. Anyhow, like you said, the thread is beginning to turn its course.

raybay

It is possible, and sometimes appropriate, to remove previous drivers on many motherboards, before installing a BIOS update.