Cpu Frequency Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am having an issue. I am running Windows XP with an Asus p5nsli motherboard
Dual core Pentium 4 2.8 intel the Video card is a GeForce 7600 OG
I keep getting this error Please resetting CPU Frequency. I have a hard time catching it because it pops up makes a noise then shuts off. It started a while ago so I reformatted, reloaded virus scanner then hooked to internet, ran My Asus program to check if it was too hot, checked all the connections on fans, updated my ASUS board and Video card. It is getting more frequent. I have tried changing the BIOS to load best settings etc...
Any help???? kind of stumped

Thanks

It is off. Do you think it could be a power supply issue or blown Capacitor on the motherboard? I cant think of anything else?

under what conditions does this error come up? If it is a BIOS beep - you need to RTFM of the motherboard to determine what the beep codes mean. It is almost always a hardware issue.

It happens while in windows. I did notice today that my son bumped the desk and it shut off. I think maybe power supply? I wanted to know if it was a fluke so I did the same thing again later twice and once it turned off. It does not shut down like a restart. It is abrupt off. I will recheck the connections again
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back