CPU/GPU/Mobo upgrade but running slower now

Hey everyone
I recently upgraded my build and am running into some confusing issues.

My current setup is as follows

Nvidia 1050ti 4gb
FX 6350
MSI 970A-G43

Everything else in the build is the same as before including a 7200RPM HDD and 16gb of RAM.

Across the board on every program I've been running I've had a performance drop except for Monster Hunter World. I've done a clean install of the graphic's drivers on both earlier and latest editions and made sure that the GPU is let to run at maximum. In games before that I could run at a stable 140+ FPS are now struggling to run at 60fps and commonly stutter and drop. Both the GPU and CPU I was running before were weaker than what I have now and I have a powerpack that is running everything fine. No CPU core is reaching 100% and there is plentiful RAM for the programs to be using.

As I type this out I am installing updated chipset drivers for the motherboard, but beyond that I am completely in the dark with why this new setup is running so much worse than what I had before. I've installed the RAM as instructed to utilize dual channel mode. If anyone has any ideas I would really love to hear them.

Have you tried reverting to maybe a previous driver?

I've tried searching on youtube for similar builds as yours on Monster Hunter World and the benchmarks indicate the same results as you are describing have you by any chance changed monitor resolutions possibly aswell as this may effect performance greatly.

In regards to the CPU I can see it being a bottleneck already in that system but down the line you will definitely want, need to opt for something better as its single core performance might be holding you back.

Benchmark Video

Have you tried reverting to maybe a previous driver?

I've tried searching on youtube for similar builds as yours on Monster Hunter World and the benchmarks indicate the same results as you are describing have you by any chance changed monitor resolutions possibly aswell as this may effect performance greatly.

In regards to the CPU I can see it being a bottleneck already in that system but down the line you will definitely want, need to opt for something better as its single core performance might be holding you back.

Benchmark Video

Yes as I already wrote in my post I have tested it on previous drivers including the one that gives far superior performance compared to the latest on MHW. The issue is not its performance on MHW, it's that every single situation aside from MHW it has tremendously decreased performance. I am aware that if I was to continue upgrading my setup that the CPU would be bottlenecking me, but it is not bottlenecking the system as it currently is so I am extremely confused what an issue could be. I'm going to be trying this new GPU on the older CPU as the single core performance between them ought to be similiar.

Back