Cpu is running at 65 to 73C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Mecury motherboard and a P4 519.. 1024mb ram
I have some kind of failure and the CMOS reset by itself.. I had gotten it back up and the computer was running slow.. I thought it could be Bios.. I flashed the Bios with a update from Mercury-PC.com.. It screwed up everything.. No my CPU was running at 63C.. I got a new mobo and memory and graphics card...
Intel D865gsa mobo
Cosiar 1024 mb memory (DDR 400)
Evga Geforce 6200 AGP( Haven't recieved this yet)

I just installed new mobo and used old processor.. Now it runs fast again but cpu is running at 65 to 73C.. I put thermal compound on it and reset the the heatsink.. twice.. PLZ someone help....

Make sure the fan is properly "fastened" onto the motherboard. Those prescot fans are really annoying to fit. Most probably you havnt but the fan on properly.

I have installed everything 3 or 4 times now.. I basiclly want to know if the cpu could be damaged and that is why it runs so hot.. I would think if the cpu was damaged that it would make it past POST..

Apply some arctic silver 5 to the CPU. If you have a high speed P4 (2800, 3000 +) those temps are perfectly normal for that kind of CPU`s, especially prescotts :hotbounce :hotouch:

Well I fixed the problem.. It was my PSU.. I installed new 450 watt PSU and also installed a exhaust fan.. Max temp with 100% CPU load for 15 min was 60c.. That is good for me... I had 35 Internet explorer windows open, streaming video, e-mail, virus scan, spyware scan, download, Itunes. PC ran great.. I dont even have HT on my P4..

ive had the same problem...cept i have a 2.5 celeron D and its slow...ive tried everything i could think of from new artic silver to reseating the cpu..but temps are still high

but hey if it dies...oh well it is a celeron after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back