CPU Temperatures???

Status
Not open for further replies.

werty316

I was wondering if my CPU temps were alright because I am a little concerned. I am using motherboard monitor to keep track of my temps at full load running my CPU fan at a low speed. (Have it at med or max makes me not sleep :D )

The reason it is at full load when I leave it overnight while I sleep if because I am encoding videos

CPU = 48*C
CPU CORE = 68*C
MOBO Chipset = 45*C

Does anyone think these are high? I was also not sure if motherboard monitor was configured right but since the CORE temp would be higher I thought I had set it up right.

CPU is using "LM90 local" sensor
CPU CORE is using "LM90 remote" sensor
MOBO chipset is using "WinBond 1" sensor

What are your specs? knowing the CPU would help put the temp into perspective.
Personally, I prefer mine to be a bit cooler than that, even at full load, but you are in no danger with those readings.

Oops forgot about specs.

I thought it was weird having the MOBO chipset temp so high too. It seems that when my CPU temp goes up the chipset temp goes up too. Weird?

I have an AMD1900XP+ with a Zalman Flower (6000CU) and its fan runs at a very quiet 2300rpm. 2 front-fans, PSU with 2 fans and 1 rear-fan, all at around 2400rpm. Under everyday load, my mobo is always around 27 and the CPU around 29. Under heavy load these figures rise max. to mobo 29 and CPU 32.
Now that is cooling! I used the thermal paste that came with the Zalman cooler.

Originally posted by werty316
I was wondering if my CPU temps were alright because I am a little concerned. I am using motherboard monitor to keep track of my temps at full load running my CPU fan at a low speed. (Have it at med or max makes me not sleep :D )

The reason it is at full load when I leave it overnight while I sleep if because I am encoding videos

CPU = 48*C
CPU CORE = 68*C
MOBO Chipset = 45*C

Does anyone think these are high? I was also not sure if motherboard monitor was configured right but since the CORE temp would be higher I thought I had set it up right.

CPU is using "LM90 local" sensor
CPU CORE is using "LM90 remote" sensor
MOBO chipset is using "WinBond 1" sensor
i'd be curious to see what the temps would look like with your fan running at med and max... i know the fans can be loud, as i have 3 in my case and i let it run at night, but if it's gonna extend the life of the cpu i might try to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back