CPU usage jumps to 100% during gaming

I think you have solved this issue a gazillion times. My laptop seems to run fine most of the time. Only when I play a MMO the CPU Usage jumps to 100% for like 5 mins. I'll post what I hope are all the necessary logs and wait patiently for your reply. Thanks in advanced.

@Eweatemehshews,

I have moved your thread to a more suitable forum, at the request of the Malware team.

I had a similar problem. A process labeled "rundll32.exe" began using 100% of CPU capacity when any full-screen app was launched.
I don't recall what exactly I did to resolve it, but it was along the lines of malware scanning and denying permissions.

So, what you can do for now is:
1) First check whether you should be running that particular game. Do your system satisfy all the hardware requirements?
2) Launch the game, open task manager, and see which process has a CPU usage of over 60~70%. Note it down. You may tick the "See processes from all users" checkbox.
3) Google the process name and see to which program it belongs to and whether it's normal for it to run at that time.
4) Perform a full system scan with either Spybot Search and Destroy, Hijack This, or Avira's Antivir.
5) If it's a problem with the game's process, try reinstalling it.

Okay. I am confident my system meets the requirements to play these games. It's not just one game. Obviously I would be having the same issues with any and it does seem to happen more often with any app running full screen. The only other time I notice this is if I try and stream a video and watch it full screen. I've had this problem for a long time, I've already reinstalled my games a dozen times.

I've ran the malwarebyte, gmer, and dds scans. Broni said he found nothing malicious in my logs. Would you still recommend I run what you suggested? And should I save the log if it's an option?

Now, when you mentioned rundll32 it sounded VERY familiar, so I checked my processes and I seem to have two rundll32s running. For now I shall run a game and tell you what it does.

I ran spybot. it found nothing but a bunch of cookies. And in the middle of my game, during the CPU spike, the game I was playing was the only process that was around 50 CPU.

Back