Crash(BSOD) after changing SDRAM

What hardware or software is causing problem?

• Faulty SDRAM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faulty SDRAM Slot (Dust)

• Motherbord problem

• Power requirement to handle 1GB RAM by Power-Supply (Or SMPS)

• DVDROM

• Lithium Battery Change

• Other Cause? Please mention in forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hve upgraded my P4 1.6GHz from 256MB to 1GB SDRAM (Hynix), Mother board is i845. Also changed motherboard lithium battery to new.
The system reboots or crashes. What can be the problem.

Also, I have DVDROM and CD-Writer drives on same cable., Now The pine DVD Drive is not being recognised and the drive Name in BIOS and in windows has crypted characters with $ in their names. Earlier it was not so. When i re-changed my RAM to previous 256MB, still the DVD Drive name is not correcetd in BIOS.

Please some one examines the attached miniDumps.
What hardware or software could be the problem?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

your minidumps crash with various culprits. This is a sign of a hardware problem.

Since you just upgraded you ram, this has to be the number one suspect.

Test your ram as per these instructions.

Also take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

your minidumps crash with various culprits. This is a sign of a hardware problem.

Since you just upgraded you ram, this has to be the number one suspect.

If u understood, the minidump, please tell me what other hardware? like modem card, (Which is not installed on ystem), is the culprit, please tell me.

Also The system again crashed with the attached minidump, please tell whats the problem? I tested using memtest, and ran all tests, except the last (5th one), as it was taking time. In the remaining tests (4 tests), No problem was reported.

How could it be your modem card if it isn`t even installed? That just doesn`t make sense.

If your computer was ok until you upgraded the ram, then it`s pretty obvious what the problem is.

If the ram isn`t faulty, then maybe it`s just incompatible with your system.

Try running your system with just the original stick of ram and see what happens.

Your latest minidump crashes at win32k.sys and has a bugcheck of 8E. This is a Windows file and is not the culprit.

I still think it`s probably a ram problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back