Crazy Computer Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I got this problem I cannot for the life of me figure out... if you can shed any light or help out it would be a HUGE help.

System Specs:
AMD Barton 2500+
2x 512 Samsung Ram
60 Gig WD harddrive
ATI 9800 Pro w 128Ram
Using Windows XP with Service pack 2

The Problem:

My windows randomly crashed and reboots the computer where it starts up the nVIDEA boot agent saying...

Verifying DMI Pool Data....

NVIDEA Boot Agent(plus some other random info)

Client MAC ADDR: 00 00 00 21 25 49 GUID: FFFFFF(a ton of f's): PXE-Es3: No Boot Filename recieved

File Not Found! Please Insert Boot Disk:

Used WD's Harddrive utility, cant remember the name, said my hard drive checked out OK, no errors (though no idea if it was true or not)

I did not totally reformat, just deleted windows and reinstalled it... seemed to work for a few hours till error popped back up

The error occurs randomly. I left my comp at desktop while i went running and came back and the error was there the 1st time. Turned off comp, tried again later and it was back in action. It happened again then and I could not reboot. Thats when i got rid of windows and reinstalled it. Seemed ok for a bit, then the error began to happen more and more, happened once, then again. Then again it got to the point where it is now, where it will not reboot. It ususally starts up then goes as its about to go into windows screen goes black and it reboots the comp and prompts up that error message.

Thanks again if anyone has ANY idea...

"I did not totally reformat, just deleted windows and reinstalled it... seemed to work for a few hours till error popped back up"

format & reload.

The WD utility has both quick and full diagnostics. Did you run the full diagnostic? This take up to a couple of hours on excessively large drives. For most of us, about a half hour or so.

If your boot loader were missing, you'd get an error message. This tells me your entire boot record is probably gone. Perhaps your partition gone as well, along with your data.

Run that full diagnostic and if it passes + your data is not important to you, then format and reinstall Windows.

Ferok said:
Hi there, I got this problem I cannot for the life of me figure out... if you can shed any light or help out it would be a HUGE help.

System Specs:
AMD Barton 2500+
2x 512 Samsung Ram
60 Gig WD harddrive
ATI 9800 Pro w 128Ram
Using Windows XP with Service pack 2

The Problem:

My windows randomly crashed and reboots the computer where it starts up the nVIDEA boot agent saying...

Verifying DMI Pool Data....

NVIDEA Boot Agent(plus some other random info)

Client MAC ADDR: 00 00 00 21 25 49 GUID: FFFFFF(a ton of f's): PXE-Es3: No Boot Filename recieved

File Not Found! Please Insert Boot Disk:

Used WD's Harddrive utility, cant remember the name, said my hard drive checked out OK, no errors (though no idea if it was true or not)

I did not totally reformat, just deleted windows and reinstalled it... seemed to work for a few hours till error popped back up

The error occurs randomly. I left my comp at desktop while i went running and came back and the error was there the 1st time. Turned off comp, tried again later and it was back in action. It happened again then and I could not reboot. Thats when i got rid of windows and reinstalled it. Seemed ok for a bit, then the error began to happen more and more, happened once, then again. Then again it got to the point where it is now, where it will not reboot. It ususally starts up then goes as its about to go into windows screen goes black and it reboots the comp and prompts up that error message.

Thanks again if anyone has ANY idea...

I had not the exact same problem, but...When my computer started acting weird, then got worse, then started freezing up with the cpu usage at 100%...I decided it would be a good time to totally reformat my HD and Re-Install XP...Problem solved!!! :grinthumb (I'm sure it was an Incompatibility issue with my computer...which might be your problem as well, or corrupted system files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back