Creative 5.1 sound blaster card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I just installed a creative 5.1 channel soundblaster soundcard. The problem is that when I connect it up to my 5.1 sound system, the subwoofer is not working. Everything else is working, including the centre speaker which uses the same jack as the subwoofer.

Here are the details:
Sound card: Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 It has 4 jacks, 3 is for output (Front, Rear, Centre/Sub) and the other one is for line in and microphone.

Sound System: iBall booster 5.1

i have checked all the connection

I tested the speakers with a 5.1 dvd player. Everything is working, including the subwoofer.

I dont know why the subwoofer is not working when I connect it to the sound card.

i have already installed the latest drivers from creative website.... but the problem is still the same. Center/subwoofer jack gives only center output and no subwoofer sound.

You must be in India... You might try another sound card... The iBall system looks like a very good sound system

ya am in India. The iBall system is good. why you are suggesting another sound card. i have already replaced it once. what else can be done.

You have tested the iBall, are you using the proper cable(s) from the iBall to the computer? Have you carefully checked the Creative cards output settings? If so, there is nothing more that I can help you with

windows will detect speaker settings also, make sure they are linear with your soundblaster settings or you may have issues, This happened to me and my sound card a few years back. Usually there is a switch on the subwoofer also for 2.0/4.1./5.1 settings, check that out also.

in windows speaker setting, i have kept 5.1 surround sound speakers and the subwoofer setting is kept to 5.1. what other settings needs to be done.

"make sure they are linear with your soundblaster settings"...

Is there a "linear" setting in the SoundBlaster options?

No, i mean..."are the settings with soundblaster the same with the settings with windows. Vista has detected hardware for me before, if something is connected incorrectly, the settings wont be the same as in your sb options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back