Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! 24-Bit Volume low need help fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PontiacMan

Ya i installed the Creative labs soundblaster Live! 24-Bit sound card on my computer and I went to go check it out by playing some music and I turn the volume all the way up and volume is low I can barely hear it. I already turn up every freaking audio properties on my computer and it is still as it is. Can anybody help me please?

CHeck three things.
1 Volume on computer, which you did i think. the speaker by the clock on the bottom right of the screen. Put volume and wave volume up.
2 Volume on sound card. Start-->programs--->creative----> and go to speaker settings--turn volume up there again wave and volume.
3 your music player volume--windows media, real player, i-tunes, or music match..etc

Yeah. I have the exact same sound card. It is working great for me. Anyway if you installed all the software that came with it, then that is likely your problem. You should see a blue and white icon near your clock with a volume picture. LEFT click on it and make sure the volume is maximized. If it is you could try using the Diagnostics that come with the software too, it should do some test to insure it is all working correctly. Also make sure you tried EVERYTHING that Mtyson8 has said.

One thing you could try is right clicking on that icon I told you about and then choosing Speaker Settings. Test the channels, see if the volume is still low. If you need more help, go ahead and reply...

I did all of the following

Alright I did all of the following and my volume is still low. I was looking on the internet theres like this hook-up for it like an I/O I was wondering if that would help it out with the volume. But idk ill keep playing with it maybe I could figure it out.

Did you read the guide that comes with it? There is a manual inside the box on how to install and set up. Make sure your rate and bit depth and whatnot is all set right. (DEVICE CONTROL)...

Check that the settings are good.

I checked in my Device Control my set up is good. When I was playing GTA SA on my PC and I plugged in my headphones into the audio card and the headphones are alot louder then the speakers are. Would it be my speakers?

What speakers do you have? Are you sure its in the right jack? It must be something to do with your speakers, if your headphones are loud than it must be something with your speakers, probably the way they are physically set up, or maybe they are broken...

Speakers

Well i got my speakers plugged in the Line Out 1 Jack is that where Im supposed to put them at? Well my speakers worked good on my other audio card on here I had a AC'97 Realtek on board sound card on here I just recently unistalled. idk what watt my speakers are im saying about to 5w-10w range not that much. There old to its a compaq UBL Pro its old but it works still.

Hmm. I'm not really sure how to help you. You should try contacting Creative and see, maybe they can help you. Here I have the number sitting in a box beside my computer, k the number is: 405-742-6622

For support at their website: www.creative.com/support/

I don't really have any ideas on how else to help you. Here, this is exactly what I did to install my SB Live! 24bit: I uninstalled the software and drivers from my old sound card. I then shut down my computer. I opened up the case and installed my new sound card into the PCI slot. Then I put my computer case's side back on and I hooked up my speakers (I-Trigue or whatever).

I then booted up my computer. Immediately Windows detected my new hardware and was prepared to install it, I canceled out of it. Then I popped in the "Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit Installation CD". Then the dumb crap pops up and finally after selecting the language and junk it comes to a screen asking what software you want to install, I unchecked the second one (MediaSource or something). Then I installed everything else. After that I restarted my computer and everything was working. I did some customizing for the settings and that was it, I put on some good music.

One last thing, if you bothered getting a sound card, you might as well have some decent speakers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back