Creative Soundcard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanGris

I have a Abit AI7 motherboard, AGP Nvidia 7800gs video card, P4 2.6 overclocked to 3.2 ghz, 2 gb ram. Was having a problem with my onboard sound in Battlefield 2, the voip wasnt working, so i figgured id buy a new sound card. I got a Creative Xfi Extreme Gamer, installed it, and the device manager says my video card cant find enough resources, so its not working, code 12, tried the sound card in a diferent slot, same thing, but when i remove the sound card , the video works fine. I cant figgure out how to get them both to work at the same time, i even reformated and reinstalled my OS, windows XP, same problem. What could cause this problem and how can i fix it, any ideas?

First, do not overclock.

You can fix resource issues with playing APIC settings in BIOS, disabling unneeded devices like COM and LPT ports, VGA IRQ.

I disabled everything i could possibly disable, no effect, works fine without the soundcard, with the soundcard, it simply wont work together.

How can i play with the APIC, and isnt it ACPI? I didnt see any such setting. I did see some IRQ settings, but i was doing some research, and it seemed to suggest, that due to HAL and ACPI, they could not be changed, unless i changed my computer from ACPI to standard in the device managager, but im not sure how, or if i want to do that, not to mention, i shouldnt have to, it should just work.

Overclocking is essential, though definatly not for the novice user, i have had this system running stable overclocked for around 2 years with no problems, and i doubt very much this problem is related to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back