Crytek and EA post first Crysis 2 teaser trailer, share details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

With the upcoming Crysis sequel moving from the jungle to New York City, it was only fitting that the world premier teaser trailer would debut on a big screen in Times Square. Now that same footage has been posted online for everyone to enjoy, in a two-minute video full of 9/11 reminiscent imagery, aliens, helicopters and nanosuits.

Developed by Crytek and published by EA, Crysis 2 sees the aliens from the first game returning with a full invasion force and determined to wipe out all humans. In addition, players will also need to face a mysterious and virulent plague, as well a crumbling Manhattan rapidly being overtaken by fear. Central to the story will be the nanosuit that appeared on the first game, only this time its powers have been streamlined into two: Power and Stealth.

Crytek also unveiled a tech demo to the press at a packed theater in the Tribeca Grand Hotel where attendees were shown CryEngine 3's realtime lighting, dynamic time of day features, deferred lighting, color grading, procedural destruction and deformation, and integrated physics, among other graphical effects. The new engine will bring the Crysis franchise to consoles for the first time, with the game debuting in time for the holidays on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Permalink to story.

Power and Stealth? That's it? POOOOOOP. Hopefully it will be as good as the first crysis. And hopefully it will be more optimized. Meaning, if a xbox can play it, my computer can max it.

I really liked the trailer the first time I saw it. It nearly made me shed a tear. But after seeing it about 5 or so times, the music is really getting to me, lol.

If there really only are power and stealth, I'll be pissed. I believe I heard in an interview with Cevat Yerli that you have the option of simultaneously using two nano suit powers at a time, not that there are only two powers.

That didn't look interesting at all...

A nanosuit person standing there with nano air jordans while helicotpers fly by and get wrecked by aliens...

Wow that's exciting! Nano air jordans I can't wait!

That's what they're selling right?

Because I mean the character and facial animation looked Half-Life 2 except HL2 had better mouth syncing and animations.

Crappy teaser.

Crysis 2 looks too generic... the jungle/polar environment would have worked better. I hope it does not turn out to be some sort of GTA with aliens.

Crysis 1 looked better to me than this.. Looks washed out.Not crisp clean look of 1 had with the jungle environment..Urban environment for this doesn't really look that appealing..

Hmm I'm not so sure about the game anymore. I mean yes, it is graphically beautiful. But the gameplay didn't convince me (even if its just a demo or w/e).

The PS3 version will be the best looking in the consoles. And I own a 360 by the way, so I'm no fanboy. The PS3 is a much more powerful entertainment system; it just the facts, no reason to be sad.

I know I'll get a copy once it drops; but I just hope it doesn't dissapoint. The first 1 was a solid game, no GREAT, but good enough.

The PC version better not be dragged down because of console dev., I want this game to tax my computer just like crysis 1. PC gaming ftw

Is it just me or that claim of "Crysis 2 will have the best graphics you've ever seen" doesn't really seem to hold up at the moment? I mean even for a prerendered movie, its supposed to look nicer than this...

Maybe its just me but i feel that games like Metro 2033 look graphically better.

That and i agree. Looks generic. Wasn't too big a fan of the first crysis, was pretty pictures on wheels thats what it was.

Uhhhh....Retards, there are TWO videos in this article, one of the teaser and one of actual gameplay.

Anyway, I hope that the fact it's on consoles means that it waaay better optimised that the first crysis.

Okay that teaser made the game look like crap. I take back what I said about the facial animations and the graphics.

The cover system however looked stupid, the destructible environments...a piece of curb? It's obvious the game play will still be the same old but it will look pretty damned good.

Hopefully they'll throw in co-op this time? Probably not but I am now looking forward to it!

As soon as I buy my 5970 or whatever. :)

are u guys forgetting that the trailer on almost all those new games always looks more better and highly detailed than actual gameplay...this is what we need to see a sneak peek off..''actual gameplay'' i am sure the graphics would kill all the hype about this game...i know one thing for sure..activision delivers the best graphics on actual gameplay.....and u don't need a behemot of a gaming computer to run it..which i predict one would need to play this new crysis 2....

@hellokitty[hk]

I hope you can that tell the second video was the actual gameplay. Unless you're blind...

.i know one thing for sure..activision delivers the best graphics on actual gameplay

ye,yes we know. you graced us with your wisdom in the other Crysis thread......
https://www.techspot.com/vb/post871567-30.html

Accept it or not.Activision delivers the best and most stunning graphics the world has ever seen

you mean such as CODMW2? its okay, but hardly " the best and most stunning graphics the world has ever seen" BTW, how is the benefits package over there at Activision?

you also said this twice.

.and u don't need a behemot of a gaming computer to run it..which i predict one would need to play this new crysis 2....

usually said by those bitching that they cant run it on their Pentium 4 and a 9400GS. guess what? "accept it or not", if you want to run the latest graphic intense games at high detail...you need a decent graphic card. Crysis ran fine on an 8800gt at 1280 x 1024, which was a popular res at the time, actually still is if folks at TS are any indication.
need a behemot of a gaming computer to run it..which i predict one would need to play this new crysis 2.

If you consider a 250GTS or a HD 4850 a behemoth, then yes. otherwise the idea is to move many copies of Crysis2, so they will not require a "behemoth" to play it. However you may have to upgrade your 9400GS. :p

Am I the only one here that ever got into modding in the Cryengine 2? I don't think graphics will be an issue as I believe the Cryengine 3 can use assets from the Cryengine 2 and that would suggest they used the same method in the Cryengine 3 as they did in 2. So they should be able to use the high poly assets they used to make normal maps to make high poly assets for the PC version.

See: http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/faq/#4.1

When people say Crysis has the best graphics of any game they do not mean it looks better, for that is based on opinion. Whether they know it or not, they mean it technically has better graphics than any other game, unless it has actually been dethroned by something that uses better assets and shows more of them on screen on average. Crysis 2 should be quite similar in that its graphics will most likely be technically better, though again people may thing other games look better.

The last thing I shall say is that Crytek is not only selling their game they are selling their engine. Last time I heard a price was in a thread at crymod, in which they said a license to use the cryengine 2 in a game costs $750,000. Crytek needs their game to both look good and technically have good graphics or there might be less interest in the engine which would lead to less profit.

I will not be replying to any replies as this is a rant from a mildly agitated modder, and nothing more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back