Css Omg Fps....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i know this has bin posted about 1000 times but none of the post really helped me.. and most of the time they had crap specs... but my computer is way above the requirements for the game and my FPS is from 12-40.

My Computer:
Intel 3.4Ghz HT
1.5Gb Ram
ATi 512Mb PCI-E 1650X Video card
Roger High speed internet ( i download at 800kb if that helps)

the thing is i played with about 120 FPS about 2 months ago and now its really crapy... i can set my monitors refresh rate to 100Hz to make it go up to about 60 FPS.. but my monitors manual says anything over 75Hz can damage the monitor

Please help... im getting a new gaming mouse and keyboard soon and i want to put them to us

Thanks,

Overheating cpu or gpu.
Have you defragged the css game cache in the Steam console lately?
Defrag the HDD with O&O Defrag.

Did you change your graphics driver at the time performance went down? Did this coincide with reformatting?

BTW, although I don't think defragging will help low fps, I think you should defrag just the same. Including the OS, you just installed a lot of stuff and drivers. It doesn't copy to your hard drive nice and neatly. You should analyze your hard drive and see how much red shows up.

Ok... For the 500000th time this week.

Since the latest Updates from Steam, it added a few new things for all the steam games that run the client. It's causing some games, like CS: Source, to cause Older videocards / processors to overheat. Since your Videocard & Processor is old ( yes, the 1650x is old ) this will cause it to go from 100fps to 10fps randomly for a few seconds.

There are 2 options:

Get a better processor fan to give extra cooling, Replace the cheap pre-built paste with Artic Silver and keep the side of the case open.

Get a better processor, one that's newer and get a good fan for it.

mailpup said:
BTW, although I don't think defragging will help low fps, I think you should defrag just the same.

Well every little bit helps. At 1.5Gb, I don't know how much -heapsize he added (although I should have asked that :eek: ) and even at 512Mb vram, the HDD is getting accessed several times every few minutes, so defragging helps reduce fps drops (not the number of, but the intensity).

TimeParadox: thanks for the info, I hadn't heard about that. I play CSS every day for a few hours and haven't noticed any drop in fps what so ever with my crappy s939 AMD 3500+ and 7900GT 512Mb, so I was making some general assumptions about his rig overheating (and what a badly fragged hdd) can do.

But there you go folks..for whatever reason (software in this case, or fan failure/dirt/bad thermal paste in other cases)...overheating kills performance.

I think it's the same with athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back