Current Internet Infrastructure Can No Longer Support U.S. Needs For Much Longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

Well, I've known about AT&T's claim about the Internet infrastructure being put to it's limits sometime around next year because of the ever growing bandwidth needs. However, two questions linger in my mind.

First and foremost, I know that the cable companies are all about sucking as much money as they can get their hands out of from the consumer, and they've obviously got more than enough money to build a bigger, better Internet infrastructure, so why don't they?

My second question is, why don't ISP's support a free and open Internet? I know they want more money, and in that regard, are trying to fight NN, so they can block sites, or make you pay a fee for them.

Thanks!

Those plans have been put into effect. There is a system in place, being tested across the country. There is way too much money to be made for anything to go wrong. What do you think all the miltary and government planning is about. What about all the new cell phone channels.
There is stuff that is incredibly secure with an entirely different internet backbone.
The big questions are revolving around who is going to be allowed on, and at what cost.
Not to worry.

Current Internet Infrastructure Can No Longer Support U.S. Needs For Much Longer?
If you're going to make a statement like this, back it up with references. Even with a question mark at the end of the sentence, what and where are your sources?

AT&T is putting in the Uverse systems that uses all fiber optics to provide higher bandwith, and therefore should be able to have more users be able to access it. They're moving in fast too, our little town of 3000 already has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back