Cursor moves inadvertantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Acer Aspire 5570 Notebook. The cursor jumps to someplace else while typing a message. In fact it has occurred while typing this message. Usually it jumps to a place earlier in the message, but not predictable.

Sometimes the entire message disappears.

Any ideas whether it is hardware or software. Have tried interal mouse and external mouse. Same problem.

By internal, you mean the laptop touchpad and by external, you mean a mouse, correct?

Have you gone into the control Panel> Mouse>>>>
1. Pointer options button> check the Snap to box.
2. Orientation tab> follow instructions and set the orientation
3. Touchpad tab> check both Tapping and Sensitivity and set each for your touch.

Check all remaining buttons in Mouse Properties and make any adjustments you need> when finished> Apply> OK.

IF you continue to get these mouse jerks, rule out the possibility of any remote connection or spyware.

It could be something as simple as you operating the touchpad with yor wrist while you are typing. Try disabling the touchpad completely and working with the external mouse.

Cursor Moves inadvertently

Problem solved. Disabled the built in mouse. Apparently there is a conflict with software. I will try to reinstall the drivers on the built in mouse, as a next step. Problem is solved as I have written considerably now without recurrence of the problem.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back