Custom NAS/HTPC build

ragebflame

Hi guys, Its been a long time since my last post but its time for a new build again.

Basically what im looking for is a homeserver which I can also use ase a backup server and media streamer.
I have been looking at online reviews and guides but is hard to narrow down components to use.

I am living in Ireland so I will be buying the components from Irish and UK sites.

The system must have/needs to:

- Stream HD video 1080p
- 5.1 audio output
- Have low power consumption
- Id like to leave it on 24/7 and have it act as a backup server to backup the other pcs in my house.
- It will need to act as a webserver ( Id like remore access to my media )
- Ideally im looking at i3 Intel mobo/processor
- I will be leaving this pc in the media room underneath a TV, so controlling it with a remote would be a nice feature.
- Id like it as compact as posssible (mini ITX mobo/case), but the case must be able to fit at least 2 3.5" drives along with a DVD drive.

I understand what im looking for is a mix of everything But any help you guys can give in the line of components would be great:).

I hope to collect these parts over time but my budget is around €500-€700.
Please let me know if this is dooable:).

Thanks,
Dan.

*EDIT:
- I have Windows 7 already bought.
- I have already purchased 2 x 2TB hard drives (for backing up my data)

I have read that review, but I have looked at teardowns and theres no way id fit 2 3.5" drives in there. It would be ideal with a larger case and more powerful PSU.

Back