By hillfolk
Jan 16, 2007
  1. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop, which I do not quite enjoy. (the specs are so decieving, but it was dirt cheap)
    Now I am planning to disassemble and swap out some things, including the power supply cooling unit, as it is loud and not very effective.

    The fan has a long black plastic cylinder that directs the air directly to the vent on the side of the case.

    So I intend to remove the cylinder, but then I want to know if i can use any fan, or if you have recommendations for a 3-pin fan to replace the one there, which i believe is mounted on a socket 775?
  2. jb444

    jb444 TS Rookie Posts: 100

    I dont quite understand, If the fan is mounted on your S775 processor how can there be a duct to the side of the case???
    As long as the fan you use is the same dimensions as the one you're replacing, you can be sure that it will fit with case. If it is for the heatsink on your processor you need to be more careful (most heatsinks will take any fan but there are some that have fans designed specifically for them)
  3. hillfolk

    hillfolk TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

    alright. thats really all i needed to know.
    thanks alot mate.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...