DameWare Mini Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor_hv

Hi,
I use internet occassionaly at my faculty and on each PC there is this program installed, to control students from opening non-faculty related sites...
So, I open youtube, and suddenly I loose control of the PC, cursor goes itself to X and closes the window...
So I would want to turn off this program, but I cannot, if I try it throug Task Manager, I cannot do it, there is no option of New task to start msconfig.exe and turn it off on the boot, neither have I managed to install the Startup Inspector (it couldn't install some files into Windows folder)...

So, I want to ask, is there any way that I could put an end to the administrator's terrorizing of the students, though I have only a limited account access to this PC...
C'mon tech enthusiasts, help me! ;)

You can turn off the ability to install software in a variety of ways. You can require a password to perform another of actions. Look in Google searches for such things as "Prevent Unauthorized Installs" and so on... also look in the Microsoft Knowledgebase at www.microsoft.com

Need to have them change your permission. But their is a reason why their is limits do to Security Policies, do much viruses, Trojans, worms, adware, malaware, spyware. Students just can't go to any site they want. That's way rules are in place. Even if you could download a program to unlock these securities you'll still be stopped if they have a box in place to block certain sites.

Doctor_hv said:
Hi,
I use internet occassionaly at my faculty and on each PC there is this program installed, to control students from opening non-faculty related sites...
So, I open youtube, and suddenly I loose control of the PC, cursor goes itself to X and closes the window...
So I would want to turn off this program, but I cannot, if I try it throug Task Manager, I cannot do it, there is no option of New task to start msconfig.exe and turn it off on the boot, neither have I managed to install the Startup Inspector (it couldn't install some files into Windows folder)...

So, I want to ask, is there any way that I could put an end to the administrator's terrorizing of the students, though I have only a limited account access to this PC...
C'mon tech enthusiasts, help me! ;)

I'm aware of those restrictions, that's why I asked this, is it possible to bypass this program that is used...though I don't have the access rights...
It's quite annoying to have him spoofing around when you're surfing... I mean, he obviously can read my mails and everything else when I use a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back