Ddr 400/ Pc3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartera

For a start are these the same? This is because i am trying to upgrade my custom built pc. It has 512mb Already in it (DDR 400) and Crucial memory advisor says that the RAM is PC3200. I have bought another 512mb PC3200 400mhz RAM module but when i have put them into the computer they do not work together. The computer also will not work on the new stick of RAM alone but it will work fine on the old one. Im slightly confused. I would be grateful for any help.
Regards

it's the same. It is possible you have a faulty stick of RAM. If it doesn't work on the new stick, that's a possibility. I recently bought a new stick of ram, which didn't seem to work together with my old one. When I changed places of both, they miraculously started working. But my pc already worked when I inserted just one of the sticks.

What I would try before going back, is test your new RAM stick in other slots in your motherboard. If that doesn't work, it's probably faulty.

Simple/ Stupid Mistake

I inserted the RAM when the computer was off (im used to installing graphics cards and other hardware). I put it in the slot when the computer was on and the computer recognised it and now is working fine and faster than ever!!
Thanks for the help anyway! Sorry to bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back