Dead pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there have a realy weird one here, I was happily playing a game on my pc when off it went no error messages nothing, I tried to turn it back on but only got a light on the front and one on the motherboard, There was no fans spinning nothing, O.K i tested power supply thats ok tested cpu thats ok tested motheboard no power to the pci or agp so i thought it was dead, I changed my motherboard for a new one and changed the cpu and power supply for new, the only bits i used from orginal pc was optical drives and harddrive, Tested pc everything fine for a few hours turned it off went to turn it back on found it totaly dead just like other pc, If someone can help solve this mystery i would be most grateful, Cheers

Is the mobo connected to the Case properly, is the RAM defective, is the screen working properly, and is the PSU strong enough?

Wow did you do all that in an hour? Do you do windows? (pun intended)
I love how ppl can just change their mobo, change their PSU, change their CPU, change their RAM..who are these people and do they live in a PC Wholesale store?

But seriously, I tried to insert a floppy but that didn't work so I got a HARD drive and then gave it a little RAM and she booted nicely. :slurp:

Ok I'm done. Did you try replacing the case? :haha: I guess I wasn't done after all.

If you've done all that and she won't post and no beeps, then it's the PSU or you've grounded the mobo to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back