Deal alert: Cyberpunk 2077 is just $10 today at Best Buy

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: It’s taken just over eight months for CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077 to find its way to the bargain bin. And by bargain bin, I mean they're practically giving it away. And even if you don’t intend to play the PS4 version, it still might be worth picking it up for $10 considering CD Projekt Red will give owners a free next gen upgrade later this year.

For a limited time (today only), you can nab a physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 Standard Edition for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One for just $10. Each purchase also includes a free SteelBook case from WB Games, a $9.99 value.

CD Projekt Red dropped the highly anticipated action role-playing game on December 10, 2020, following several delays. The company sold more than 13 million copies in just 10 days but multiple issues prompted Sony to pull the game from the PlayStation Store on December 17.

It wouldn’t return until this past June, and when it did, it came with a warning from the developer that users may continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition as they continue to improve stability across all platforms.

This did little to damper sales, however, as the PS4 version went on to become the top downloaded game on the PlayStation Store that month. Oddly enough, the game fell out of the top 20 for the month of July.

The offer is only good through the end of the day so if you're interested, you should act now.

Permalink to story.

I just bought this game for $20 yesterday at CD Keys thinking it was a good price. Not to mention the risk of getting burned by those sketchy online shysters. Seems like a pretty good game though.

I don't think this game has made any money at all. With a release of $40 and now $10 :(.
I don't think this game has made any money at all. With a release of $40 and now $10 :(.

Besides the problems they faced at launch and the backslash from the community for not releasing the game with the features promoted in years prior. The game was a success financially, they could cover the cost of production and marketing with only the digital pre-orders.

So, it reached the "bin" finally. So much for the over-hype and all those pre-order suckers and 1st-day-buyer suckers.

The impact Crysis made when it released in 2007 still hasn't been matched by any game released after relative to it's time frame. Thought maybe Cyberpunk would make that kind of splash. Close, but definitely not.

I just bought this game for $20 yesterday at CD Keys thinking it was a good price. Not to mention the risk of getting burned by those sketchy online shysters. Seems like a pretty good game though.
Is was was from the shyters at this so far playable to say at least

For 10 bucks I can play it on my xbox, 1.23 looks like it improved overall performance decently, and they have 1.3 announced now.

So, it reached the "bin" finally. So much for the over-hype and all those pre-order suckers and 1st-day-buyer suckers.
How sad that you can't fathom how people could find this game fun, letalone worth the price paid....

I don't regret spending £50 one bit, got just over 100 hours out of this game : -)
I couldn't keep playing when I realized most of the points I was putting in didn't matter that much, but I'm happy you are having a great time! I wished I was having as much fun as you are. Perhaps I will one day.

Back