Delayed Write Failed

I am having trouble with my new computer. I have built a computer with an ECS motherboard (PM800-M2) with a celeron processor (2.4 GHz) and a SATA hard drive (Hitachi Deskstar 40G). I am having problem when trying to install certain programs on my computer. I get a Delayed Write Failed message and my computer locks up and reboots with an Unmountable Boot Volume. I am able to resolve the Unmountable Boot Volume but I still haven't a clue as to how to avoid the Delayed Write Failed problem. Am I missing something when I installed my hard drive? I loaded all the drivers that came with my mobo. What is RAID? From reading the manual, it looks like something that requires 2 or more hard drives. I only have one hard drive. I have WinXP pro with SP1. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

Delayed write failed almost always means bad sectors. Check the EVent Viewer to be sure. Download DFT ftom Hitachi and run a full scan on your HD. If the drive is under warranty then you can have it replaced in case of bad sectors. If not then you can tell DFT to fix the bad tracks and hope that you don't develop any more.

Thanks Nodsu and Hopkinso

I have to work all day today and I was checking the post this morning. I will work on both ideas 2nite. I hope I can fix this problem. Also, Nodsu, what exactly am I looking for in Event Viewer? I found a link to download from Hitachi, but I have event Viewer up and running on my PC. Am I suppose to fix anything here or just see if I have errors?

Back