Delayed write failed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running a 4 workstation domain with Windows 2000 Advanced Server as a DC and administer my own mail server. I'm using IMAP on the mail server with Netscape 7.2 as the mail client on every workstation, each workstation with Windows XP Pro. The setup works OK for 30-45 minutes, then I will start recieving a "Delayed Write Failed" warning on my workstation when viewing the inbox or changing to sent items, trash, etc . . . and an entry into the event viewer on the workstation (I don't have them handy at the moment). There are no entries on the event viewer on the server and no infomation appears to be lost.

I have been to Microsoft website and have disabled write caching on all my server drives. I have also attempted the reg hack listed in the support article and nothing has changed. The hard drive containing the raw mail files that IMAP draws from has also been replaced. My server has Windows 2000 SP4 and my workstations all have Windows XP SP 1. All my drives have 80 pin cables - I don't use 40 pin cables.

I can't say that this is a critical issue - more just something that's mildly annoying every now and then. I'm asking under the "networking" forum because this only happens during communication from a workstation to the server. I was hoping someone might know something more than I do. Thanks

equinox137 said:
this only happens during communication from a workstation to the server
Any kind of communication, not just this mail server?

Could be a hardware issue with the network adapter and IDE controller, maybe.

Just communication between the mail client (Netscape) and the server when using IMAP. Good thought though, it may be a IDE controller problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back