Deleted all my environment variables

Kaneb

So basically, a month ago or so I deleted all my system variables whilst configuring some settings in "Edit system environment variables". I don't exactly remember why, but it has affected a lot of my computer. I can't open .exe files or regedit or task manager. I can't do a system restore or reinstall windows. I can't open sound settings and "Edit environment variables". I saw a post on this website about having to add the system variables manually I truthfully did not understand any of it. I get confused and don't really understand when the term "path" is used so it is very hard for me. Can anyone guide me through this personally? I understand that the adding is different for different specs. My specs are gtx750ti and intel i7 4990. Please help.

These are unique to every login - - EXCEPT the system variables.

Login as the ADMIN and copy/save all the system variables. Log back into your login and save the system vars (if they are missing).

The Administrator login is not the same as a normal login with Admin privileges - - do some reading.

How do I log in to my Admin account? I only see one account. Sorry, I'm **** with computers.

Run CMD
inside that, issue:
  • net user administrator /active:yes
  • now, SWAP users
  • login as ADMINISTRATOR
change the login password and be sure to use something you can remember

I would Create a new Account. Then take the system variables, COPY and store them into your account.

:sigh: the new account properties.

BTW; Another approach is to abandon your existing account and use the new one. We can then use the Admin account to move you documents over to the new account.

Dear all,
I made the same mistake yesterday, before proceeding to the above mentioned procedure, I would like to know about the software that I had installed in the system will effect or not?

IMO, you've only fouled the users login, not any of the installed programs.

Back