Deleting Outlook InBox messages w/o viewing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

Deleting Outlook InBox messages w/o viewing them?

With the new viruses these days, I would like to be able to delete incoming messages w/o opening them. Is that possible?

If you mean that you have to highlight a message(Therefore opening the message) in your inbox and then hit delete .
You can set up rules in outlook ,or you can block a sender ,but that still means selecting them after the fact.
Then ofcourse there are diferent types of Spam killing apps.They can screen many different ways before messages are in your client.
Check this post and the program I found It worksfor me and no program overhead.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11519

What you need to do is change the layout of Outlook express & remove the preview panel. It's because of it that when you click on a message, it opens it to show you the contents on the preview panel.

Remove it & it "should" be safe to simply select a message in order to delete it.

You can add a rule which will automatically delete emails containg attatchments from the server, before they are even downloaded.

Of course, this will delete all emails with attatchments.

The best defense is not open them.

If you go into "View" and click on "preview pane" once, Outlook will open without the preview pane. You can then delete messages without having them open. If you decide you want to have the preview pane again, just click on "preview pane" again and it is activated again. Remember that to get rid of the message completely, you need to also delete it from your "deleted items" file.

Good Luck!

Hey Wolf. There is also a free program called Mailwasher that allows you to preview your emails before downloading them. I use it and it works quite well. You can find it at www.mailwasher.net . The free version is for one email address. They also have a paid version for multiple addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back