Deleting Registry Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

danswebs

Hello,

My old router (Netgear ME102) packed up on me a couple of weeks ago and i bought a new router, so i unistalled the old drivers/software for my old router installed the new router and its been running fine for the last couple of weeks. But today i had a couple of critcal errors (one of which restarted my pc) saying it was trying to run the ME102 router. But i have uninstalled all traces of this, but i am wonder and this is the question i am asking: if i delete all registy keys assosiated with this router a) will it solve the problem and b) will it cause harm to my system or other files?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Answers -
a)If there are no references to your old router anywhere on the system,it will solve the problem.
b)If you back up your registry,and your certain what your deleting,no it won`t hurt anything

Check in msconfig start up,and see if the culprit is in there.
A good reg cleaner - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2048
might help.

OK, theres nothing running in msconfig, so ill download this reg cleaner and give that a try,

Cheers for the help,

Dan

Uhm.. Routers are network devices. There are no references to your router in the system registry, none that matter anyway. You are better off not installing any software that comes with your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back