DELL C600 Administrator Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
today i bought a C600 laptop (second hand) and now i don´t have the administrator password. On the system is "Win XP Professional", now I want to install my own. The win is secured by a password and @ bios you have to type a administrator password to change the boot device.
"This computer system, #26JT50J-595B", is protected by a password...blabla.."

I have already changed the primary password but i dont know how to get the admin pw.

Please help me! PS I already have read most of the Dell BIOS Password thread.

Dell C600 Admin Password

Hi I had the same problem so I telphoned Dell Tech they said in order to delete the password I had to install an earlier bios and the reistall the updated bios they said this would delete any passwords.
Hope this helps

Did changing the BIOS work? Did you remove the password?
The Dell laptops on which we have worked reject the earlier BIOS, unless you know how to do it.
Locating the earlier BIOS is tricky, but can be done. There are 49 of them listed for the C600 IF YOU KNOW WHICH ONE TO USE.
Installing the incorrect BIOS will ruin your motherboard unless you know how to buy and solder a replacement EEPROM.

countrywill - this is impossible to flash an old BIOS version to remove password. instead of this, try to find eeprom on the MB, read it with simple i2c programmer and post dump here. i will tell you the password :)

Actually, what you propose is contrary to TechSpot policy. We will need a moderator's involvement to be certain...
It is possible to replace the BIOS with an earlier version, but it requires a boot disk provided by the manufacturer. We get them in warranty repairs occasionally... And it is possible to replace the password with the same system.
There is significant risk for an owner to do it. If done incorrectly, it will prevent any passwords ever again, or it will ruin the motherboard... but usually not on a Dell. Definitely on a Thinkpad, Sony, and older HP.

raybay, if you'll destroy your bios by incorrect flashing, it will be easy to reflash the chip again, using external programmator.
AFAIK, dell don't allow to flash older BIOS versions if you use the *.exe update file,downloaded from support web site.
and, what's contrary to TechSpot policy??

Hi seeing your thread yesterday about the C600 password problem prompted me to have a go at deleting the password on my C600
There was three password options on page 7 of the bios screen

1st was "Primary Password" was Disabled
2nd was "Admin Password" was Enabled
3rd was "Configuration Password" was Enabled
and I did not know any of these paswords

I telephoned Dell and was on the phone to them for almost one hour but did manage to solve the problem here’s how you do it.

Go to the password screen in bios and enter a “Primary password” then exit bios and save.
Next boot the computer when prompted for password enter the one you set computer will boot then close computer down.
Now boot computer again but when prompted for password type in LHB771FH (this must be in small case) then hold down Ctrl and hit return twice the computer should then boot up ok and the all passwords will be removed.
This did work on my C600
countrywill

ay

This looks like the "master password" for your c600 system. It wont work for other systems or models because it is unique.
But be happy you received a proper support from dell. thats not always the case :)

cheers, mscrx

I talked to a person from dell chat support. And he said: when I dont have the bill of the OOOOOOOOOOOOLD and second hand laptop, I´ll never get a master password. There´s no other way.

you can install from the one time boot menu without changing the boot order in the bios. just hit f12 during the boot splash screen.
you can also download the dst cd, boot it up and change or erase the service tag. this will also remove the admin password and allow you to change all bios settings again. if you need your service tag don't forget to change it back afterwards.

good luck!
mscrx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back