Dell CPt power off after powering on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

i have a dell cpt that started working odd....first it freezes when you get to use the system....suddenly 1. it freezes and you have to restart or or well 2. it just powers off. Right now im sitting with it a side, and after pressing power button it powers, lights flash but just when it comes to the time of showing video it powers off...maybe 2 seconds 3 tops after powering on, it goes off...i tried running on baterry and also AC but same thing. Could it be a short inside or maybe internal power supply is defective?

thanks in advance.

i forgot to say that after powering off and repeat the power-on-off situation, only after leaving it off for maybe 3 4 minutes it will power on again...like if something was getting slightly hot and wont work until it is cool enough..fans are working fine although......i was thinking about a memory problem, could it be? when i get to boot well, i boot in safe mode and windows trows the tipical failure blue screen with information about "a hardware malfunction and it will close blablablabla" thing...ram maybe?

ok guys, check this out

this is a dell latitude CPt C333GT....and i told you about some idea of my of a memory problem...well, i checked memory and it has 2 modules a and b, but a is a 128mb 66MHz type and b is a 128Mb 100Mhz type....as far as i know memory modules should be the same frecuency right? i remember you cant mix 66s with 100s one, am i right?

well if i were right, what i see here is that this guy took a memory module from other laptop and put it there and thats why it is crashing at power on and freezing at normal use. Please correct me if im wrong about the memory frecuency type mixing and if im right, this could be the cause of the powering thing? after i took out that 100mhz module, computer is powering just fine but there's one thing: one of the plastic holders that secures ram into the socket is broken so it movesa little even with a little push. If the memory mixing can be done then this broken holder is the problem but again, tell me if i'm correct. Your comments are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back