Dell D610

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a computer off ebay and it want start up without a BIOS password, from what i have been told....#3v6m971-595b.....can anyone help me

broker01
email removed

i dont under stand?, im very new on this site

sorry, i get it, can any one help me with my problem please.........D610 Bios password or admin password

Actually, is it a BIOS password or a user password? Can you get your computer started up, just not able to change the BIOS settings, or can you never even get to the Windows desktop? When do you need to enter the password, like right after startup, or after Windows boots?
hope this makes sense now :)
--kitty

Have you read through the information provided in the link in Kitty's first post? Have you tried anything?

i have tried everything i have read except for taking it apart, im really not that computer savy, i bought this it as a gift for my little brother, and now this......i called my IT guy at work and he told me to try this forum....here i am...begging

i found a site like that already and tried them all, but i have notice some guy name rantam or something like that, has been able to do it, do you know his trick?

is my only option to open up the computer?

not what i meant exactly.....please someone help, christmas is getting closer

anyone that can and will help me out please send password to email removed

You can easily remove the password by moving the appropriate jumper on the system board to the alternate setting and then replacing it back to the normal setting.

Also remove the CMOS battery for one minute then reinstall it. Be sure to update the system clock (date & time).

Removing the cmos battery won`t clear the bios password. That`s because Dell laptops bios passwords are stored on an Eeprom chip.

broker01: You can find lots of info for bios password removal on Paragons website HERE.

BTW: Hello and wwelcome to Techspot. :wave: :wave:

Regards Howard :)

Drivers

What is the good Drivers and Utilities for Dell Latitude D610. Any recommendation. Thanks!!!

go to the Dell site, get the latest BIOS, and the latest drivers for everything in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back