Dell Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieh3

Hi
I've reinstalled windows for a friend, but he has lost the disc with the necessary drivers for his ethernet controller.
He has a Dell Optiplex GX270. I can find the drivers on the dell website, but I was just wondering how to take them to him.
Would I be best to burn an image of the downloads to a disc and take that round? If so, which program should I use to burn the disc image. Would you use another method to get the drivers onto his pc?
Thanks
Ed

Sorted Now. Used Image Burn.

You could always use a usb flash drive 1gb to 4gb are not very expensive and are reuseable think portable hard drive wich is basically what these are

@ Lukasaltar

please do not post your question in another person's thread. If what you have to say is completely unrelated, post in your own thread.

@ Eddieh3

go with the suggestion by poohbie. Just download the files to a USB drive, or just write them to a disk normally. That's what I did when I had to fix one of my older Dell computers. On my main one, I just downloaded the drivers onto my usb stick and transferred them over to the other computer. When it comes to drivers, I don't see the need to "burn an image." Either put it on a USb or write it to a CD like any other data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back