Dell Inspiron 1520 says no battery detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dell inspiron 1520 says no battery detected . and i also noticed that the fan is not working.the problem happened just 4 days ago.when my laptop was totally dischharged 2 times in a row.Then first it didnt charge more than 40%.then increases a little bit to 43%.and today when i was using it on battery power and it showed warning that 11 min left i shut it down .when i restarted with AC power critical battery charge led was blinking and showing only 29% charged and charging. but the charge remained 29%.and now it is showing no battery detected.if i disconnect the AC charger the laptop immediately turns off. My laptop is abt 18 months old but never gave any problem before. i opened the battery and again reattached it .but nothing changed.my warranty was 1 year.:( . can someone tell me what to do??

edit: i have noticed that bios is loading very slowly sometimes at startup now.

Laptop batteries are only warrantied 6 months to a year, depending on brand and model.
Time for a new one from Dell or eBay or your friendly neighborhood battery store.

battery dead

yeah its old but just in 4 or 5 days a completely working battery turned dead !!! i thought battery loses its power slowly,not like that ... am i wrong??:confused:

We find that about 10% of the non-Dell batteries for Dell laptops die within 4 months...
But you could also have a problem that is causing the power discharge.

We find that about 10% of the non-Dell batteries for Dell laptops die within 4 months...

but mine is dell battery. if i have any other problem which is causing the battery to discharge how can i know what is the problem ??

thanks for ur quick reply.

If it is a new Dell, and you have proof of purchase, Dell will have another battery on your front porch by tomorrow afternoon if you call them now.
I assume you have checked the contact points inside your computer to assure one of them has not been bent out of position so charging is compromised.
Usually, these are battery defects, but there are quite a number of laptops that quit charging when a diode in the computer goes bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back