Dell Latitude D610 password help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
this is the first time i have been here and i hope that someone can help a rook out...
i just purchased a Dell latitude D610 at a garage sale and it came with no power cord but i was guaranteed that it would work if i bought a power cord for it....i did and now i find out that that thing is protected by an authentication password...to be exact it says:
computer system, #4kckh1s-595b, is protected by a password authentication system. you cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

can someone please help me get pass this...because i need this comp for art school which begins sept 4.....thanks in advance....

There is a ton of stuff on this forum regarding the D610, and passwords.... I think the D610 is one of those that cannot be fixed, but I am certain there are more useful posts on this Techspot forum than anywhere else. There are techs who really know their stuff on Dell boards and paswords.
So do a number of searches here. There is a lot of very helpful information that will save you time.
Good luck. It is a toughie.
You might be thinking about replacing the computer... just because of your Sept 4 deadline... as it may take a longer than that to resolve it.
Good luck to you. Please let us know how it all turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back