DEP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoying messages?

Also what OS you are using.

It tells me that IE has to close down and in the right hand corner an icon comes up saying something about DEP enabled. It only happens on certain websites, i'm using Vista home premium, 64 bit.

Hardware based DEP enables the NX bit on supporting/compatible CPUs, through the use of Physical Address Extension (PAE) kernel in 32-bit Windows and the native support on 64-bit kernels. Windows Vista DEP works by marking certain parts of memory as being intended to hold only data, which the NX or XD bit enabled processor then understands as non-executable. This helps prevent buffer overflow attacks from succeeding.

To be crystal clear: You really want DEP to be active!

To be perfectly honest, DEP sometimes needs to have an exception for a specific program or
two, but that exception list MUST be mananged carefully.

If you can access several websites correctly and then some other specific site causes the DEP warning,
you should be simling and saying in your heart, "Oh thankyou!"

To be crystal clear: You really want DEP to be active!

To be perfectly honest, DEP sometimes needs to have an exception for a specific program or
two, but that exception list MUST be mananged carefully.

If you can access several websites correctly and then some other specific site causes the DEP warning,
you should be simling and saying in your heart, "Oh thankyou!"

I understand that but when I try and do school work online it gives me that error and I know that the college website doesn't have anything that would infect my PC.

Ok, you're using IE on Vista; is this only seen when using the browser AND accessing the school website?

Suggest trying Opera or Firefox, disabling ALL add-ons.

Ok, you're using IE on Vista; is this only seen when using the browser AND accessing the school website?

Suggest trying Opera or Firefox, disabling ALL add-ons.

Well I fixed the DEP issue, now i'm having trouble loading adobe flash player. Tells me it's done loading and nothing comes up. This only started after my PC updated a couple days ago, which it didn't because now i'm having all these troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back